Chris Marritt has tagged me with the ‘Eight things you don’t know about me’ meme.
- I used to want to be a civil servant and work as a diplomat in a British embassy somewhere interesting – until I realised that you had to be good at foreign languages.
- I was a finalist in the UK Junior National Working Hunter Pony championships at Stoneleigh, but didn’t do too well in the final as my pony was slightly agoraphobic and scared in large arenas.
- Growing up I attended five different schools and I’ve now lived in eight different areas of the country.
- Famous people I’ve met include Tony Blair, Gordon Brown (in fact most senior Labour politicians), Princess Anne, Lord Douglas Hurd, Brian Blessed and Sooty.
- I wish I could play a musical instrument or speak a foreign language, or just that I had the time to learn to do either of those things.
- I like lots of different types of food, but HATE baked beans with their horrible sweet, sickly sauce.
- The most unusual place I’ve visited is Lebanon in the early 90s when an Arab publishing company paid for me to visit the Palestinian deportees stranded in no-man’s land between Israel and Lebanon. My visit was covered on Syrian TV news.
- Places I would love to visit include California, Washington DC, the Deep South, Hong Kong and China.