In November I spoke at the first ever World Conference on Public Relations in Emerging Economies on the topic of the place of digital and social media in public relations and corporate communications.
As well as sharing my own thoughts and ideas I also crowd-sourced the thoughts of some of the world’s leading PR professionals who I’m privileged enough to know and to have worked with. This is a version of the presentation that I delivered in Nairobi that I’ve extended to try and include everyone’s thoughts in full.
It’s a great example of the power of social media that I was able to ask for thoughts on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter and as a result received some fantastic contributions. I’d like to thank the following people for sharing their thoughts:
- David Brain | CEO and President, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, Edelman, New Zealand
- Tom Murphy | Global Director of Communications, Microsoft Services, USA
- Tim Johns | Communications, coaching and change, former Vice President, Global Communications, Unilever, UK
- Dom Burch | Senior Director Marketing Innovation and New Revenue, Walmart UK (Asda), UK
- Arun Sudhaman | Partner and Editor-in-Chief, The Holmes Report, UK
- Sujit Patil | Vice President Corporate Communications, Godrej, India
- Andre Manning | Senior Consultant, Base Consulting and former Vice President, Global Corporate Communications, Royal Philips, Netherlands
- Sarah Pinch, President, Chartered Institute of Public Relations, UK
- Paul Fabretti | Global Director of Social Media, Apps and Services, Microsoft, USA
- Lena Brandt | PR, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Russia
- Stephen Waddington | Partner and Global Chief Engagement Officer, Ketchum, UK
- Galina Panina | Director of Public Relations and Government Relations, Leroy Merlin, Russia
- Donald Steel, crisis communications expert and former Chief Communications Adviser, BBC, UK
- Victoria Tomlinson | CEO, Northern Lights, UK
- Sean Trainor | Change communications and employee engagement, UK
- Jonathan Bean | Chief Marketing and Growth Officer, Mynewsdesk, Sweden
- Serena Erlich | Director, Social and Evolving Media, Business Wire, USA
- Gábor Hegyi | Founder and Managing Director, Capital Communications, Hungary
I have also blogged about the exciting opportunities for public relations in Africa in a recent post on ‘PR rising in Africa rising‘.
If you want to modernise your PR strategy and practice and and would like some advice or assistance then get in touch for a chat.